We equip users across the globe with research and evaluation of the right software solutions and services for their businesses. Our services include providing users with educated user reviews, well researched product and services descriptions and comparisons and discerning direction towards the best option for their business.
ComHQ Privacy Practices:
As part of foundational building and accumulation of knowledge, we may amass personal information about you, while you use our Sites and Services. However, this practice has strict safeguards for you. We keep the process of this information accumulation completely transparent. There are ways you can protect your privacy which will be outlined in this document.
With the transference of your Information to us, you give your permission to allow the collection, storage and use of your Information by us, our Associates and third parties as per the terms outlined in this policy. "Associate" is any legal body that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with ComHq (our parent company).
- Summary of the information we amass from you and the purpose of this collection.
- Cookies and other web technologies.
- How we put your information to use.
- Who we share your information with.
- How you may be able to access your information if you wish to.
- Your choices and involvement with regards to the collection and use of your Information.
- How we safeguard your Information.
- Children's privacy.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice.
- How you may contact us.
Summary of the information
Types of Information: To strengthen our service performance and to understand your requirement better, we accumulate information from both software vendors and software buyers, at different stages, (registration and review). The information here is standard like, your first and last name, job title, telephone number, postal/email addresses, billing information and social media profile information (including photo).
Legitimate Purpose: The aim of this process is to aid effective operation of our business.
- To conduct our programs;
- To ensure we satisfy your requests, answer your concerns and cater to your enquiries optimally. The information is retained and used only as long as its purpose to enhance service for you is served.
- To efficiently manage services on behalf of our software vendors under contract with us
Reviews & Content
Your reviews or contribute in forums related to the product or service or other social areas of our Sites, your contribution which includes the content you share, your name and your profile link may be shared with our Sites and Associates across the organization.
If you connect to our Sites through third party social media Sites we can access information from the same. The choice of whether to share or not to,rests with you, however, certain information may prove necessary, to give you an advantage as our registered user.
If you log on to our Sites through your social media account, we will receive,
- Information from your profile like your name, job title, company name, profile photo, industry and company size will fill your profile on our Sites (Note: you can refuse the display of this information for the public on our site).
- Access to your connections /network to show you reviews written by your connections (Note: we will not access your connections' contact information or send messages to your connections).
Third Parties: Our Associates, business partners and independent third-parties may provide us with your information as well. For example, if you visit our Sites by "clicking-through" from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then the Information you provided to that partner may be shared with us to improve and personalize your use of our Sites.
When you access and visit our sites, we automatically gather some information about your computer activity to aid us in customizing our user experience. The things we invariably gather are, session data, including the time at which you visited our Sites, your IP address, web browser software, referring website and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. We also pull together information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited and keywords searched.
We may include a set of technologies for the purpose of gathering this information. This may include:
Cookies: Cookies are placed on your computer. Our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our Sites, unless you have adjusted your browser setting to decline cookies.
- Flash Cookies: Flash Cookies are resident stored items used by certain features of our Sites to collect and store information on your choices and direction to, from and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Web Beacons are small electronic files (clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which could be used by portions of our Sites to keep a track of the number of users who have visited those pages and other related website statistics (e.g., verification of system and server integrity).
We use these Web Technologies for the following general purposes:
- To help us customize your user experience on our Sites and on other websites across the Internet. (e.g., when you access a web page on our Sites, we set a cookie, our service providers or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate the Internet. This is also done to equip you with information that could be of use to you.
- To test and understand the efficient working of Site features and offerings and advertisements (e.g., we work with third-party service providers to collect data about your use of the Sites for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to your interests as you visit other websites across the Internet).
As a user you have the choice to refuse any of the above uses by activating the Do Not Track functionality in your web browser. Some browsers offer similar settings for HTML5 local storage, and Flash storage can be managed here. Please note, however, that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not have access to some of the benefits offered on our Sites.
Our business is driven by your contribution and our knowledge of what best suits you. As such certain information about you is germane for the conditioning of our business and enhancing our service for you.
- To register and manage your profile and listings, which includes facilitating your access to and use of our Sites
- To enable us to publish your reviews and content
- To address your queries and concerns and give you a largely bespoke digital markets experience
- To improve our products and services
- To notify you about special offers available from us, our Associates or Partners, which would pique your interest
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- To prevent illegal activities and disclose to legal or government authorities upon lawful request
- To implement our policies to you as explained to you at the point of collection.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may, in administering our Sites and Services to provide you the best possible online experience, share your Information with our Associates and with the following entities:
- Third-party who help us manage our Sites and Services may access and collect Information only as needed to perform their functions. They, however, are not allowed to share or use the Information for any other purpose (e.g., marketing, customer service, business analytics, payment processing).
- Software Vendors As part of our lead generation programs, software buyers agree to permit us to share their Information with software vendors participating in the program for more productive outcomes.
- Social Media Services. If you choose to access social media websites and services through our Sites (such as LinkedIn), you are sharing your Information with those sites under their privacy policies.
- Legal Process. We will share your Information in response to court orders and legal process; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; when we believe it is necessary to investigate and prevent or protect and defend our rights, property, or safety as well as those of our customers; or in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, investment, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If we share your information with third parties for reasons other than the above listed, you will be notified. In the case of such an occurrence, you can opt out of such sharing. We also may share cumulative or anonymous information about you (which does not contain any personal information) to develop content and services and further improve your digital markets experience.
How You May Access Your Information
Some information collected by us about you may be retained in our archives after its intended purpose, for purely business conditioning and service enhancement reasons.
Individuals in the European Union and some other jurisdictions, in addition to the rights above, have certain legal rights
- To obtain confirmation of whether we hold Information about them
- To access the Information we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form)
- To correct, update, amend or delete in appropriate circumstances such Information. These data subjects may also object to our uses or disclosures of their Information or exercise legal rights to withdraw their consent, though such actions typically will not have retrospective effect. They may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU data protection supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to find a resolution for the same.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via the contact information at the end of this Privacy Notice.
The Choices You can Exercise with Respect to the Information about You
You have choices with regard to how your Information is collected and used.
- Informed Consent. You will be informed at the time of data collection on the nature of the information and how it will be used. It will be entirely up to your choice and discretion, whether or not to permit us to use this information. You may also state your particular preferences. However, your digital market experience will be highly customized and amplified with the designated use of this information by us.
- Unsubscribe. As per the dictates established by data privacy laws, we are permitted to send you communications related to administration of your services without including an unsubscribe option (e.g., service announcements and messages relating to your account), we will, where legally required, provide both registered and unregistered users with an option to unsubscribe from our non-administrative emails, such as our promotional and marketing communications.
- Access and Review. As described above, you may access, review, correct, update and delete the Information we hold about you in the manner described therein.
How We Safeguard Your Information
It is our principal commitment to protect the Information you share with us. While we, like any website provider, cannot guarantee your security on the internet, we have, in accordance with law, enforced appropriate administrative, technical and physical security controls to help check unauthorized access, maintain data security and ensure proper and effective use of the data we collect.
In addition, we ensure that only authorized employees are allowed to access Information, and only for permitted business functions. And we use encryption when transmitting your Information between your system and ours, and we, together with our Partners and third party providers, use firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Information.
You are responsible for your activity on our Site, conducted with your credentials and for maintaining the secrecy of credentials that may be used to access your Account or Service; In case you detect any suspicious unauthorized activity you must immediately report to us, per the contact information at the end of this Policy.
Please Don't Hesitate to Contact Us